Check out our Ecotourism page to see what activities we have to offer if you’re here for a couple of days and want to support our cause by donating, buying some beautiful eco souvenirs or take an eco tour! Drop by on Friday and join us on our beach clean from 5 to 6pm and get a free beer, meet new friends and a watch a beautiful sunset.
On Gili T for a little longer and want to give back to the island we all enjoy and love? We are always looking for new passionate and motivated volunteers to join our eco warriors on their daily environmental missions. If you are fascinated about Biorocks and want to learn more about this incredible reef restoration technique then join on our 2 week intensive programme to build and sink your very own reef!
Not into diving? No problem, there are several other things to do around our organization. You can help out with our waste management projects, our eco product shop, or put your talents out there to help us reach more people.
We are looking for
Some of our projects need a certain profiles to fulfill our mission! Currently, we are looking for:
- Electrician / Engineer to develop a tidal energy turbine to power the Biorock with ocean current.
- Permaculture / Biodynamism specialists for our organic gardens set up and projects to expand.
- Vets and assistant vets/nurses to help out in our next clinic.
- Follow up on data collection for sharks, turtles and ray population as well as identification of the reef sharks around the Gilis, study and statistics of the data.
- GIZ mapping students or experts to update the 3 island maps with zones of the Marine Protected area.
- Business or marketing students or experts: to help marketing our actions and applying for grants, as well as helping to organise fundraising events.
- Volunteers who are interested in teaching at the local school: English, sports, environment, sciences, anything you want to share!
- Working a on waste management plans for Gili Trawangan: working with Bank Sampah, Eco Bali, APGT, FMPl. Education, strategy, evaluation of quantity and quality of rubbish to find best solutions to apply on Trawangan…etc.
Contact us if you’re interested in volunteering or doing an internship at Gili Eco Trust!